About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, May 21, 2021

Thanks

 Happy Friday Peeps,

Before I get to my card post, I have some news. Last Friday was my last day of work. I've joined the officially retired set, and I couldn't be happier. No more driving the freeways of Southern California, no more getting on planes. 

So, how did I spend my first week at home? Lots of reading, I started walking again each morning, and of course some stamping and craft room organization. I'm kind of home bound for a few months without wheels. I've had  company cars for the past 30 years, and my last one was picked up last Friday at 8:00 am. I have ordered a new car, but due to the micro-chip shortage, it doesn't go into production until June 14. Denis, Mr. Personal Chef as I usual refer to him, of course has a car that I can drive when needed, but this first week, I was very content to hang at home.

On to my card, I received some retirement gifts from friends that I wanted to make "Thank You" cards for. Using this week's polka-dots theme at the Paper Players Challenge, I made a few cards. Along with polka-dots, this is also CAS week, and this card is the most CAS of the cards that I made. It's a one layer top folding card base that I embossed using an older SU large dot EF.  The flags are cut from a panel that I made using the C&9th Scattered Dots Turnabout stamp, stamping each rotation with VersaMark ink, then heat embossing with gold EP. The Thank You die is also an older SU die, and I added the gold twine because it just needed a little something more.




You'll notice that the background in my picture looks different than usual. Denis surprised me with a small foldable light box to take my pictures. I usually take my cards out to the deck and take pictures in the sun, so he thought I needed a better setup. It's a small white plastic box that can be folded flat for storage, and it has several colors of fabric to use for the backgrounds. It also has a strip of tiny LED lights that uses a USB connection to turn them on. I can see a bit of a shadow behind the cards, so I clearly need some practice. 

I hope you all have nice weekend plans. Our surrogate daughter's family arrived yesterday to her parents house from NYC. Due to COVID, we've yet to meet her new son, who will turn 1 year old on Sunday. A beach party has been planed. Our plans are to spend as much time as possible with them over the coming week, starting with dinner tonight. Today's plans are to make his BD card. I'm thinking Lawn Fawn jungle animals. We'll see what I can come up with. 

Thanks for checking in,

Colleen

Supplies

Concord & 9th Scattered Dots Turnabout stamp, SU Powder Pink, Basic Black, and Gina K Designs Layering Weight white card stocks, SU Large Dots Embossing Folder, VersaMark ink, Gina K Designs Fine Detail gold embossing powder, heat tool, Gina K Designs Stitched Flag die (Master Layouts 2 Dies Set), SU Thanks die, gold twine, Misti, Gemini Jr, liquid glue


2 comments:

  1. Woohooo! Congrats on your retirement sounds like you are making the most of it already! As for your fabulous card...I just love the creative, polka-dotted vertical flags and that you carried the dots over to the background! Such a great thank you card that I am sure your friends will love. Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your retirement! That is definitely something to celebrate. Your card is so fun! Love how you added the banner trio along with the embossed background. Thank you so much for playing along with my CAS polka dot challenge this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!