About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, August 4, 2018

Be a Mermaid

Hello and happy Saturday afternoon,

It's been a nice and relaxing day so far and I've been able to spend a few hours in my craft room. I love this Mermaid themed set designed by Julie Ebersole, especially the "be a mermaid" sentiment that I've used on the front of today's card. I've used this week's CAS(E) this Sketch! as inspiration for the layout.




I did take a little creative license with the sketch and used the mermaid tail stamp as the larger background element. I tried stamping them on a rectangle, but I didn't like it, so I went with die cutting and layering them behind the sentiment panel. The tails are stamped using Memento tuxedo black and colored with various BG and G Copics. I used a liberal amount of clear Nuvo Glitter Gloss over the tails and they really do shimmer IRL.

The inside uses more greeting stamps from the same set.



I hope you are all having a fin-tastic weekend and staying cool in the West where we're having a major heat wave and staying dry in the East where there has been tons of rain.

Thanks all, for stopping in today!
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Inner Mermaid by Ellen Hutson and Abstract Wave Background stamp by Hero Arts
Paper: SU Coastal Cabana, Island Indigo & Whisper White, and X-Press It Blending card stocks
Ink: SU Coastal Cabana, Memento tuxedo black, Copics
Other: Inner Mermaid dies, Taylored Expressions Wave Border die, Die-namics Stitched Rounded Rectangle die, Nuvo Clean Glitter Gloss pen, SSS solid sequins disks, Gemini Jr, SU dimensionals and mini dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!