About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, August 3, 2018

With Love

Hello and happy Friday!

I've been on vacation for the past two weeks, our annual trip to Cape Cod. We had a great time as we usually do. It's our 8th trip, so we have favorite activities and restaurants, etc. We got home very late Wednesday, (actually 02:30 am Thursday morning due to flight delays) and now I'm back to work Thursday and today. Luckily, working in my home office catching up on e mails and other tasks.

Yesterday afternoon, I had a few hours to get out my stamps, paper and ink and I decided to make a card using Claire's sketch for the Paper Players challenge this week. I've used stamps and papers from the latest Simon Says Stamp Monthly Kit called Mandy's Flowers.




The images are stamped using Memento tuxedo black and colored with Copics. I fussy cut the flower and vase and glued it to the tag cut from one of the papers in the kit. The fence is also fussy cut. I added three small enamel hearts to the tag for embellishment as well as the twine around the fence.

Here is the inside greeting, stamped on another piece of the patterned paper using Memento tuxedo black and SU Real Red inks.



I hope to spend more time in my craft room this weekend. Beginning Monday, I'll be working in Palm Springs, CA for the next two to three weeks. I'm going to try to bring some craft supplies since I'll be traveling by car instead of flying.

Have a great weekend,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Mandy's Flowers set by Simon Says Stamp
Paper: SSS and X-Press It Blending card stock, Bo Bunny Early Bird patterned papers
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU Real Red and Copics
Other: Die-namics tag die, Fiskers Corner Punch, enamel hearts, Gemini Jr, foam tape and mini dimensionals, Wink of Stella glitter pen

3 comments:

  1. Colleen, this is gorgeous! I received my kit, but haven't had time to play with it. I love your beautiful card! Perfect for the sketch! So happy you joined my challenge this week! Your vacation sounds wonderful! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love those tiny hearts..what a pretty touch.Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful, Colleen!! Love the Victorian feel to it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!