About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Hug In a Mug

Hi again,

One more quick post this afternoon. This card was made last night after dinner and is for another challenge. This time it's the Retro Rubber Challenge, where they have a fun sketch this week. Luckily again, like the previous card, this also works for the Paper Players tic-tac-toe challenge. This time it fits the bottom row of die cut/orange or rust/glitter or sequins.




I started with a card base of Pumpkin Pie card stock and layered some Lawn Fawn fall plaid patterned papers per the sketch. The mug is stamped onto X-Press It Blending card stock with Memento tuxedo black and colored with Copics. It' s cut with a Die-namics cross-stitched circle die and layered with a Spellbinders circle die cut from Pumpkin Pie. I used yellow Stickles to add sparkle to the mug and three shinny gold hearts as the "steam."

The stamp set is from Concord & 9th and is their free gift for ordering the entire monthly collection, which was September 2017, I'm pretty sure.

The inside is another free gift from Concord & 9th from 2017. This one is a little later, I think from October 2017 when I ordered a several holiday sets.



I love the orange and teal together. Very bright and retro.
Again, thanks for looking in.
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Cup of Cozy and Heartfelt Smile sets by Concord & 9th
Paper: SU Pumpkin Pie and X-Press It Blending card stock and Lawn Fawn Fall plaid patterned paper
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics, SU Pumpkin Pie, Distress Peacock Feathers
Other: Die-namics Cross Stitched circle and Spellbinder Circle bestie dies, gold enamel hearts, yellow Stickles, Gemini Jr, dimensionals

8 comments:

  1. Colleen, I admire the way you have successfully combined two different plaids - I'm always scared off after using one pattern! I love the colours in the mug - so pretty and so beautifully coloured. Thank you for joining us at both Retro Rubber - for Claire's sketch - and The Paper Players for LeAnne's Tic Tac Toe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card! Love your colors with fun plaids. The mug is colored perfectly. Love it! Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at coffee and the plaid background! Love your coloring and your take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I want my coffee in that gorgeous mug, that's for sure. The colors of your pattern papers are so warm and perfectly paired with your sweet and fabulous image.
    Thank you for playing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again next time.
    Hugs.
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the warmest, coziest, card I've seen in a while...inside AND out! What gorgeous colors and beautiful sentiment! LOVE IT! Thanks for playing with the Retro Rubber sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colleen... absolutely love the plaids and the bit of glitter on the mug is perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Lawn Fawn papers and they have really made your mug pop here. Wonderful colouring, makes me want tea now, good job I am heading home to London and can have a real cuppa soon :) Thanks for playing along at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card Colleen! I just clove to warm colors and those little heart accents are the perfect touch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!