About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, September 7, 2018

Lunchbox Notes Challenge

Happy Friday to all,

Last Sunday when I saw Joanne's challenge for the Paper Players this week, I didn't think I would play along. I'm way past school lunches. But, I then thought of my friend's kids who are 8 and 11 yrs, so I texted their mom to see if they take lunches to school. The reply was yes, so I decided to play along and give these to my friend to put in their lunches.

However, the real challenge was getting them completed in time to post, which is why I'm kind of squeaking in at the last minute. I didn't get around to actually deciding on stamps and design until Monday afternoon, and then started stamping and die cutting. Next thing I know, Mr. Personal Chef comes into my craft room to say that we were hosting dinner Monday evening for a couple of our neighbors, so needless to say, that put a halt to my stamping. Tuesday morning, I had to head back to my work project in Palm Springs, but I knew I was coming back Thursday instead of Friday, which I did, and I was able to finish the note cards. Pictures were taken this morning, and here we are.

I made two of each design. The image on the left is the outside and the image on the right is the inside (obviously, LOL.) These are 4 x 4" square note cards.

Joanne, I enjoyed this fun and different challenge.

(click on images to make larger)








A quickly written post today, and now it's back to work reports. I'm looking forward to the weekend and not traveling this coming week.

Have a great day all and thanks,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Critters in the Jungle, Wild For You, Rawr, Duh-Nuh, Sweet Smiles, Ahoy Matey sets by Lawn Fawn and Sweetest set by Avery Elle
Paper: SU Whisper White, Gorgeous Grape, Barely Banana, Real Red, Marina Mist, Only Orange, Yoyo Yellow, Pacific Point, Crumb Cake card stocks
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics, SU Gorgeous Grape, Real Red, Granite Gray, Only Orange, Pacific Point
Other: Lawn Fawn and Avery Elle corresponding set dies, Lawn Fawn Stitched Cloud Border die, Die-namics Stitched Hill, Pierced Circle, Stitched Square, Double-Stitched Square, Pinking Circle dies, SU Hexagon Die, Misti Stamping Tool, Gemini Jr, dimensionals, Nuvo glitter pen

5 comments:

  1. Colleen I'm so glad you decided to play along - your collection of notecards is fabulous! I am particularly taken by the pirate (he would be perfect for International Talk Like A Pirate Day on 19th September too :-) ) but my absolute favourite is the shark: dun-nuh, dun-nuh ... hilarious!! Thanks for playing along with my lunch box love notes challenge over at The Paper Players this week and enjoy your forthcoming travel-free week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, what an amazing set of notecards! I'd say you had a lot of fun making them and it shows. It's hard to know which is my favourite - I think it's a toss up between the pirate and the dinosaur. Thanks for squeaking in with these lovelies at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are AMAZING! I know some children who are going to be super-excited to open these! Each and every one is a real treat! LOVE the sharks but I think my favorite is the ice cream treats! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome set of lunch box love notes! Adorable Colleen. Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colleen, I love that you made these for your someone else to give to their kids. What a great idea and I know the kids will love every one of them
    So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!