About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, September 8, 2018

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Hi stampers,

Happy Saturday to all. It's a typical Saturday for me. Some laundry, some errands. Did a little clean up and organizing in my craft room (it seems I'm always tweaking something), and finally some stamping. I'm still working on cards for my craft group meeting next week. The ladies wanted samples, which is what I've been making. I still need to come up with the group project/make & take card too.

This card I made yesterday evening using the current CAS(E) this Sketch. It's one of the samples using a new SU Holiday set. In a recent Simon Says Stamp monthly kit we received some glitter paper in some bright colors. I thought this ornament die would look great cut from it. I remembered this "retro" holiday DSP from years ago, I don't remember what it's called, and thought it would be a good fit with the ornament.





I cut a circle from gold glitter paper, also from SSS, to back the teal ornament. Notice that I matched the patterns in the DSP when I put the teal patterned paper over the white. I thought it looked better not breaking up the pattern. The greeting is from the corresponding stamp set.

For the inside, I used the same piece of DSP and stamped a greeting from another new SU Holiday set, Timeless Tidings.




Have a nice Saturday afternoon and thanks for stopping in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Beautiful Baubles set and Timeless Tidings set by Stampin' Up
Paper: SU Taken With Teal, Whisper White card stock and SU DSP (retired), SSS glitter papers
Ink: SU Taken With Teal
Other: SU Details Baubles Framelit dies, Die-namics Stitched Rounded Rectangle die, Spellbinders Circle die, gold twine, Misti Stamping tool, Gemini Jr, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!