About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Sweater Weather


Hello, and Happy Sunday to all.

I hope your weekend is going well. Mine has been pretty typical so far. Saturday morning chores and errands that needed to be done after being gone for the previous five days, then a little stamping in the afternoon and hanging with friends in the evening. We went to our local theatre, the North Coast Repertory Theatre to see Blithe Spirit.  It's a comedy written by Noel Coward in 1941 after his office and flat in London were destroyed during the Blitz.  Apparently, he wrote it in just six days and it became the longest running play in the West End, eventually topped by Agatha Christie's The Mousetrap. It was funny, and made for a fun evening.

Today I have a card made using two challenges. I love the color combo this week on the As You See It Challenge. My mind first went to using leaves, then to using one of my mermaid sets. But, as you can see, I ended up in a totally different direction. The sketch is this week's Freshly Made Sketch by Kim.




My different direction came when I was flipping though my stamp sets and came across my Simon Says Stamp Christmas Sweater background stamp. Also, I had received an order from SSS while gone last week that included the uber cute Right Meow set with this kitty in a sweater and a sentiment, both perfect to pair with the Christmas Sweater background stamp. I thought that the blues would work for a Christmas sweater, so I got to work putting it all together.

I put the background stamp into my Misti with a 6 x 6" piece of Whisper White paper and pulled out the three ink pads in the challenge colors. Using blue painter's tape, I taped off the the sections I didn't want inked with the first color, then inked the stamp. I pulled off the tape and stamped the first go-round, cleaned off the stamp, and repeated the process twice more with the other two colors. Originally, I thought to just use the SU markers, but a) that would take forever and b) it wrecks the tip of the marker to run it over roughish stamps. Using Kim's sketch layout, I trimmed the stamped panel to fit the card. This gave me a piece to use on the inside as well.


The kitty with scarf is another image in the SSS set. The sentiment stamp is from a super old SU set called Warm Wishes, circa 1998.

Both kitties are colored with Copics to match the SU colors, however, the scarf is colored with the Bermuda Bay and Lemon Lime Twist markers. On the front, the circle die is from Die-namics and the enamel snowflakes are SU.

Today, I get to stamp the day away, and watch baseball in the afternoon. A perfect day for me, LOL. I hope you have a great Sunday too, and thanks for looking in.
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Christmas Sweater Background stamp and Right Meow set both by Simon Says Stamp, Warm Wishes set by Stampin' Up
Paper: SU Whisper White, Dapper Denim, Bermuda Bay and Lemon Lime Twist card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, SU Bermuda Bay and Lemon Lime Twist markers, SU Bermuda Bay, Dapper Denim, Lemon Lime Twist
Other: Misti, painter's tape, Die-namics circle die, SSS Right Meow set dies, SU enamel snowflakes, foam tape, Gemini Jr

5 comments:

  1. Love the way you've used the background stamp to showcase the challenge colours, Colleen. As you say, the sentiment and cat image pair so well with that stamp. Thanks for joining us at As You See It this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Those colours in a Nordic design! It works so well, and then the kitten and the sentiment are just perfect for the first day of fall! Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It, Colleen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is lovely! This kitty is so cute and the "Christmas sweater" seems so comfy! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a charming mix of images, background and sentiment!! I love that little guy in his sweater and how perfect to have a sweater in the background! And the inside is so sweet! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want to cuddle this little kitty, she is SO CUTE! I am amazed at your patience, taping off and stamping all those colors on the background! You are my hero! It was well worth the effort as it is one beauty of a card! Thanks for sharing it with us at As You See It!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!