About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Got Powder?


Hello,

The very talented Claire is our hostess this week at The Paper Players Challenge. The challenge is a Clean and Simple one with a theme of Snowy Day.

I have several stamps that would have worked well and since I was in the mood to pull out my Copics and color while watching the AO Tennis matches, I choose this little PI Snowboarder. Besides, I think many would say this is a perfect way to spend a snowy day. I originally had this as a single layer card, but in the end I couldn't help myself to add a layer of snowy mountains with a ski hill. It's still a fairly CAS card. (my story and I'm sticking to it.)







The mountains are created with a Lawn Fawn die and the hill with a Die-namics die. The snow is created with a TE embossing folder. I blended some bright blue Distress Oxide ink on the top of the card base then glued the mountain and hill panel on top. The snowboarder is fussy cut out and adhered with Dimensionals. I covered his goggles with a layer of Glossy Accents.

The inside is super CAS, just the sentiment and snowy mountains.



Thanks for checking in. Have a nice Thursday!
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Snowboard Boy Pure Innocence by My Favorite Things
Paper: SU heavy Whisper White and X-Press It Blending card stocks
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics, SU Island Indigo, Distress Oxide Ink in Broken China
Other: Lawn Fawn and Die-namics dies, Taylored Expressions Snow embossing folder, Glossy Accents, Gemini Jr, Misti, Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Hi Colleen! This is so adorable...and FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Colleen! This is adorable!!!!!! One thing I always wanted to try, but it never happened before I got new knees, so I think that ship sailed. LOL! I love the embossed mountains! Your little skier is colored perfectly! Miss you! Thank you for joining my challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen your little snowboarder is super cute! My nephew is a keen snowboarder - I've never even skied, so I think snowboarding may be beyond my capabilities! Thanks for sharing with us over at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!