About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Stamp Of Approval

Hello and Happy 2019 New Year wishes to all,

Wow, it's been over a month since I've posted on my blog! Hard to believe, but it's true. December found me traveling almost every week for work and that left me no time for crafting. I did get to take Christmas week off, but instead of staying home, I went to my Mom's in Northern California for the week. It was a fun, fun time as my sister's family came too. We all had such a great visit and my Mom was happy to have all of her children and grand children together. I absolutely love spending time with my sister, niece and nephews. My niece Rachel is 26, nephew Ian is 21 and nephew Nathan is 20 and they are apples of their Auntie's eye.

CAS(E) THIS SKETCH! has a fun and fairly simple design this week to get me back to stamping. I used a Turnabout stamp set and dies from Concord & 9th to create my card. I stamped the turnabout image using 4 SU inks on X-Press It Blending card stock. The panel was trimmed into two pieces per the sketch. The card base and the mats are SU Coastal Cabana card stock. The center element is made  using some of the set dies. After everything was stamped and die cut, I put the card together without gluing to see how it looked, and I decided it looked kind of "blah." My fix was to stamp the turnabout again, but using only Coastal Cabana ink, stamped "off" for a lighter shade. After arranging the elements again, I decided I liked it much better with the light, monochromatic images in the background. Finally, I added a few enamel hearts for embellishments because that's what I do.






Here is the inside of the card. The scissors are cut from SU silver metallic card stock and the handles from the new Lovely Lipstick Foil sheets that are in the SU Sale-a-bration catalog. It is a lovely, bright paper.



Don't you just love this scissor die? I think it's just the cutest and it looks so real!

That's all from me tonight. I am planning on playing with a few more challenges tonight to get my creating mojo back on track.

Have a great week and thanks for looking in.
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Crafty Turnabout set by Concord & 9th
Paper: SU Coastal Cabana, Gorgeous Grape, silver metallic and Lovely Lipstick Foil card stocks, X-Press It Blending card stock
Ink: SU Coastal Cabana, Melon Mambo, Granny Apple Green, Gorgeous Grape, Pink Copic Marker
Other: Crafty set dies, Gemini Jr, Misti, Doodlebug enamel hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!