About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, January 20, 2019

Cocoa Melts the Winter Blues

Hello to all,

I originally made this card for one challenge, but after I finished, realized that it was more suited for another. Turns out the first challenge is a Clean and Simple challenge this week, and this card just doesn't fit. It does work for this week's Color Throwdown Challenge pretty well, where the colors are shades of blue with white and the inspiration photo has snow flakes.




I started by stamping the WTG circle image in the center of a 6 x 6" piece of white card stock. I masked the circle and stamped the snowflakes using the Concord & 9th Snowflake Turnabout stamp. The WTG images are colored wth Copics, and the panel is trimmed to 5.25 x 4". It's mounted with foam tape to a white card base. The sentiment is heat embossed on Brilliant Blue card stock with white powder. For embellishments I added some dark and light blue rhinestones and painted a liberal coating of Wink of Stella over the scarf and gloves.

For the inside, I used more images from the WTG set.



Have a nice Sunday afternoon/evening, and thanks,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: WTG Gets Cozy With Cocoa by My Favorite Things and Snowflake Turnabout by Concord & 9th
Paper: X-Press It Blending and SU Brilliant Blue card stock
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU Brilliant Blue and Balmy Blue ink pads, VersaMark, Copics
Other: White EP, heat tool, Misti, Rhinestones, Wink of Stella, foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Love this card. So fun to see an older stamp set used. I still have this one in my stash.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!