About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, January 4, 2019

Wishing You Well

Ahhh, it Friday! Even though it was a super short work week, I'm always happy on Friday's. I'm looking forward to the weekend before I have to hit the road again for another week of work travel.

One of my co-workers recently had foot surgery and will be off work for three months. I made this card for her using a new SU Sale-a-bration set I ordered during the pre-order period for Demos. I used Julie's Mojo Monday sketch for inspiration.






Using the Misti, I stamped the lilies and stems using So Saffron and Garden Green inks. A little secret, I stamped the lilies several times mostly with the So Saffron to get a darker image. But, I wanted the shading to be a little more obvious, so I added Sahara Sand in the layering of ink and loved how it worked. I also used the So Saffron marker to color directly on the stamp over the stamen and I think that worked pretty well too.

The card base is from the SU Tutti-Frutti card base and envelope packet from last year. The green rectangle is dry embossed with the Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions EF. The lilies are cut out with a Die-namics Stitched Rectangle die.

For the inside, I used a greeting from the SSS Sketched Flowers set.



Hopefully, a handmade card will brighten her days as she recuperates.

Thanks for stopping in, and have a wonderful, relaxing weekend.
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Lasting Lily set by Stampin' Up and Sketched Flowers set by Simon Says Stamp (inside greeting)
Paper: SU Tutti-Frutti pack, Whisper White, Garden Green and So Saffron card stock
Ink: SU So Saffron, Garden Green, Sahara Sand, So Saffron marker
Other: SU Subtle EF, Die-namics Stitched Rectangle die, Taylored Expressions Scalloped Border die,  Lawn Fawn banner dies, yellow pearls, the Big Shot, Misti, dimensionals

1 comment:

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!