About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Enjoy this Day


Good morning to all,

After we finished dinner last evening, I sat down to make a card for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch! challenge. I had in my mind to use bees for the three little elements and went looking through my sets to find something appropriate. I ended up combining two sets, one from Paper Smooches and one from Honey Bee. I paired the bees and butterfly images with some older flowery DSP from SU to make this rather cheerful card.






The insects are stamped with Memento tuxedo black ink and colored with Copic Markers. The largest bee was stamped on a scrap piece of card stock and fussy cut out to pop up over the edge of the patterned papers. I added some Wink of Stella to the wings and three little enamel flowers for embellishments.

On the inside of the card I used the bug image from the Paper Smooches set and the inside sentiment is from Concord & 9th.



I had another piece of the DSP left over so I made another card with the strip of DSP down the side. In this case, I cut the length down to make a square 4.25 x 4.25" card. The stamp image and sentiment are from the C&9th set called Forever Flower, one of their newer sets. The big flower is stamped using Hero Arts purple ink. The sentiment is heat embossed with white EP and I've added gold twine and gold sequins for embellishments.


And the inside of this card. The sentiment and heart image are from the same C&9th set.



As far as work today, I did go to visit one of my labs here in San Diego this morning, but came home as soon as I was finished with their requested task. The highways are very light with traffic. I guess with no schools and many folks working from home it's to be expected, but even knowing this, kind of surprising.

Have a great Tuesday evening, and thanks for looking,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Bee Hive set by Honey Bee, Flap Happy set by Paper Smooches, Lots to Say and Forever Flower sets by Concord & 9th
Paper: SU Thick and regular weight Whisper White, Basic Black and Floral District DSP
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copic markers, Hero Arts Grape Juice and Bubble Gum Shadow ink, VersaMark
Other: Wink of Stella, enamel flowers, gold sequins, SU gold twine, white EP, heat tool, Misti, Gemini Jr, SU Stitched Rectangle die, dimensonals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!