About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, March 15, 2020

Thinking Of You

Hello crafty peeps,

I finally had an afternoon to play in my craft room yesterday. I've been traveling for work the past two weeks  and staying out in the Riverside area. While it's only a two hour drive, depending on traffic, I choose to stay close to the hospital where I was working instead of commuting back and forth from home. (Who wants to be on the Southern CA freeways 4 hours a day? Not I, LOL.)

I used one of the newer C&9th Turnabout stamp sets to play with, and made two cards using the stamped panel that I made. I paired it with another C&9th set that coordinates well with the Turnabout to complete both cards.




I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch for the layout on this first card.




The card base is Thick Whisper White, which does a great job showing off the stitched die from the C&9th set called Stitched Blossoms set. I used the die twice, once right side up and then turned it upside down so that the stitched images would show above and below the stamped panel. Thinking of you is stamped with Calypso Coral using my Misti to get a nice smooth and dark ink application. It's cut out using the corresponding set die then popped up using Diemsionals. The other sentiment is heat embossed using white EP. This sentiment is in the C&9th Sew Pretty set.

I made the second card using the same papers, inks and stamp sets. This doesn't follow a challenge or sketch. I just wanted to use the rest of the stamped panel.


I trimmed a piece of Calypso card stock to 5.25 x 4 inches and used the same stitched die towards the bottom and glued the stamped panel over it. I popped that panel up using fun foam on a card base of Calypso Coral that is side folded. Before gluing it I found the green polkadot ribbon in my stash of ribbons and tied it were the stamped panel ends. I so rarely use ribbon any more and I have a ton of it. This time, the thinking of you stamp is heat embossed using white EP.

I'm planning on more stamping time today. It's still wet and rainy here in SoCal, so perfect weather for stamping. 

Have a great day everyone,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Blossoms Turnabout, Stitched Blooms and Sew Pretty sets all by Concord & 9th
Paper: SU Thick Whisper White, regular Whisper White, Calypso Coral card stock
Ink: SU Calypso Coral, Pineapple Punch, Mango Melody, Grapefruit Grove, Lemon Lime Twist, Granny Apple Green and Call Me Clover, VersaMark
Other: Stitched Blooms dies, Misti, white EP, heat tool, Gemini Jr, TE green polkadot ribbon,  fun foam, dimensionals 



2 comments:

  1. Super pretty! I LOVE the use of that stitched die behind your panels- what a wonderful addition to your design. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the patterned paper that you created!! And the stitching in the background is such a fun accent. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!