About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, March 16, 2020

a little note

Hi peeps,

I hope you are all well and coping with the new guidelines for living. Like many, I'm working from home, for the most part. Because my job is customer service for hospital laboratories, there may be a few required visits to help. But for today, I worked from home. I caught up on several training modules that I've been neglecting due to travel.

I finished early afternoon so I sat down and made a few cards. Thank goodness I have a hobby that makes staying home bearable.

Joanne has a Clean and Simple theme challenge this week at the Paper Players called Spring Flowers.  I'm guessing none of us had a problem finding stamps for this theme. I pulled out a very pretty SU stamp set called Soft Spring to make my card.




I started with a side folding card base of Thick Whisper White card stock and using a blending brush lightly blended Soft Sky in in the middle. I then stamped the image with SU Mossy Meadow, Old Olive and used purple Zig Real Brush markers for the flowers. To make the frame, I used two of the SU Stitched Rectangle dies and used liquid glue to glue it around the flower. The sentiment is from the SU Butterfly Gala set and it's stamped using VersaMark on black card stock and heat embossed with white EP. It is popped up using mini-dimensional. Just a few SU clear enamel dots make up the embellishments.

Another image from the Soft Spring set is on the inside and the sentiment is from a C&9th set.



Stay safe and well all and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: SU sets Soft Spring and Butterfly Gala, Lots To Say set by Concord & 9th
Paper: SU Thick Whisper White and Basic Black card stock
Ink: SU Mossy Meadow, Old Olive, Soft Sea Foam, VersaMark, Memento tuxedo black, Zig Real Brush purple markers
Other: SU Stitched Rectangle dies, Gemini Jr, SU white embossing powder, heat tool, Misti, SU clear enamel dots

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Colleen, and perfectly CAS! I think I must have glossed over this set, it doesn't look familiar to me at all! I love the soft background and beautiful colors! Thanks for playing with us this week...and I hope that you stay safe and healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely no shortage of floral images in my craft room LOL! Love this one, it is so pretty and works perfectly for a CAS design, plus the frame really looks great! Always nice to see your card in the Player's gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen your trio of spring blooms is perfect for my challenge this week and I love the soft sponging and contrasting white on black sentiment. Stay safe! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!