About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, March 20, 2020

Hello

Hi again,

This is my second post today. I have a card that I made last night using a brand new Paper Smooches set that I think is super fun. It's got that mid-century modern vibe, so right up mine and Mr. Personal Chef's alley. We have our living room and in-kitchen dining area decorated in the style.

The sketch comes from this week's Freshly Made Sketches.





The card base is a side folding note card of thick Whisper White card stock. I dry embossed the front with a We R Memory Keepers EF. The horizontal element is a piece of Rina K Electro-pop Neon Flock in Screamin' Green. So Fun! 

The PS images are stamped on regular WW card stock using Memento tuxedo black and colored with Copics using colors appropriate for the mid-century modern design. I fussy cut them out and used Dimensionals to pop them up per the sketch. The sentiment is part of the set and it's stamped using Rina K Electro-pop Screamin' Green ink and cut out with a small oval die. I added three little candy dots for embellishment.

On the inside I've used the other two images from the PS stamp set. The sentiment here is from Gina K. and fits the theme of the card perfectly.


I cut a very small strip of the flock paper to use as a base for the pot and plant. I angled the sofa slightly and free hand drew in the wood floor. 

I really love how this card turned out. 

Thanks for looking in, and again, everyone stay safe and well!
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Abode set by Paper Smooches and Scripty Encouragement set by Gina K
Paper: SU thick and regular Whisper White card stock, Rina K Electro-pop Neon Flock
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics, Rina K Electro-pop Screaming' Green
Other: Misti, We R Memory Keepers embossing folder, Hero Arts Infinity Die, Gemini Jr, Dimensionals, Candy dots, liquid glue


3 comments:

  1. Love the midcentury modern vibe! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun modern card! I love that embossed background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blocks of color on your card - retro fabulous! And the textured background is perfect! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!