About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, July 10, 2020

Hello Beautiful

Hi and happy Friday,

Not much stamping time for me this week, work got a little busier again. I made time last evening to make a card for Ann's Fun and Fancy Folds challenge at the Paper Players. I had the inside to finish this morning,  and I got it done to squeak in before the deadline.



Years and years ago, when I first started stamping, I remember making holiday cards where the front panels overlapped when folded, kind of like a box closes. I couldn't find one of those nor the instructions, so I tried to remember. Here's what I came up with.

Front of card closed:


Card partially opened:


Card fully opened:



The card is made using two pieces of card stock 4.25 x 8.5 inches. I trimmed maybe 1/16 inch from one long side of each before gluing them together. This helps the folded pieces lay flatter. Both are scored at 2 1/8 inches from each end. This makes the center 4.25 square.

The stamps and stencil are Rena K (Gina K Designs) and these super bright fluorescent inks are Rina's Electro Pop inks.

The outside panels and the inside background are created by blending various colors of the inks with the Gina K Sending Sunshine stencil and blending brushes.  The sliced citrus fruit are made by stamping the inside first with the colored ink then over stamping with VersaMark and heat embossing with clear EP. I used two layers of clear EP. The rinds are made by inking just the outside of the stamp. I wanted to leave the center area and the areas between the sections white. The sentiment is stamped with Gina K Amalgam black ink and I added some sparkly enamel dots that compliment the colors and the background design.

The "fine-apple" on the inside is made using three stamps. The little orange accents are stamped in the same manner as the fruit slices using the colored ink then stamping over with VersaMark and using clear EP to heat emboss.

I hope you enjoy this differently folder card. They are fun to make. I am thinking a pop-up image would be a nice surprise inside.

Thanks for looking in, and have a relaxing and safe weekend.
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Sending Sunshine set by Rina K Designs
Paper: SU Green Galore (retired) and Whisper White card stock
Ink: Electro Pop inks by Rina K Designs, VersaMark, Gina K Amalgam black ink
Other: Sending Sunshine Stencil, Sending Sunshine dies, Die-namics square die, clear embossing powder, heat tool, TE blending brushes, Misti, Gemini Jr., Connect liquid glue, enamel dots

3 comments:

  1. Love your bright and colourful fruity card Colleen and what a clever fancy fold too. Thanks so much for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love all these bright, colorful fruits! I love this fancy fold and and the stenciled elements! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my gosh, Colleen! This is one cute card. I love the fruit...and the fun sentiment. What an awesome fold! Very clever! Thank you for playing in my fun and fancy fold challenge this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!