About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, July 30, 2020

Aparrotly It's Your Birthday

Hello all,

I'm loving the Slimline card trend that's happening lately and I've made a few recently. I even bought some Slimline layering dies about a month ago, so I was pleased to see that Linda's Freshly Made Sketch challenge this week is to make a Slimline card.

Using a couple of new stamp sets, corresponding dies and stencils from the July Honey Bee release, here's what I came up with.





The stamp set is called Birds of Paradise and it has a companion set of sentiments called Tropical Tweets. Both the birds and the sentiments have dies that go with, and they are both too cute.

I started with a card base of Yoyo Yellow. That is layered with first a green scalloped panel and a panel that I made with the new Honey Bee Pineapple stencils. The inks used are from Gina K. Her inks really blend beautifully! That is cut with another Slimline die.

The parrots are stamped with Memento black and colored with Blends then popped up with Gina K foam squares. The little presents are from an Avery Elle birthday set. 

I played around with putting a sentiment somewhere on the front, but I didn't like any of my tries, so I left it off and opted for just the inside sentiment. I did use some SU Shimmery Crystal Effects over the parrots' eyes and used my Nuvo glitter pen on the bows and dots on the presents.

Here is the inside with the greeting. I love how the sentiment set has dies to match each. 



Thanks for looking in, and have a nice Friday and weekend!
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Birds of Paradise and Tropical Tweets sets by Honey Bee and Sweet Swines set by Avery Elle for the present stamp
Paper: SU retired Yoyo Yellow, Gina K Jelly Bean Green and White layering weight card stocks
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU Blends, Gina K Wild Dandelion and Jelly Bean Green ink cubes
Other: Honey bee set corresponding dies, Slimline layering dies by Kat Scrappiness, SU Shimmery Crystal Effects, Nuvo clear glitter pen, TE Blending brushes, Misti, Gemini Jr, Gina K Connect glue and foam squares

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is as funny and as cute as my goat card! I LOVE your parrots...they work perfectly on your slimline card, and the colors are perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Colleen this is adorable! I love the parrots and your colors are perfect! And the inside made me smile! Love it,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card, Colleen! I love the scalloped die; you are definitely close to convincing me that I 'need' them! Loving that stenciled background too! Great color combo. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! These cute parrots make me smile. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are SO fun and I love the background you created for them. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!