About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, July 4, 2020

Hello

Happy July 4th!

Yesterday was a work holiday for many of us and I took advantage and did lots of stamping. I made a few cards for challenges and a few just for fun. Not that they're all NOT fun, LOL!

This post has my card using this week's Freshly Made Sketches sketch by Jacquie. I really debated over how to go about making a card, whether to follow the sketch exactly or use a little "creative license" with it. As you can see below, I did the later, and I love the clean feel, even with multiple images.




I started with a piece of Soft Sky card stock and sponged some clouds in the center with Hero Unicorn craft ink using the SSS cloud stencil. While that was drying, I stamped the kites and die cut all of the images. The kite stamps and dies and the cloud die are from Concord & 9th. The top panel is trimmed to 4 x 5.25 inches and layered on the Soft Sky card base with two pieces of scrap card stock to give it a lift. I arranged the there images in the group and added some SSS iridescent gems and outlined the cloud with a few layers of sparkle using a Nuvo glitter brush.

Here's the inside made with more images from the C&9th Kite set. I heat embossed the greeting with clear EP and VersaMark over the Memento black ink.



Have a fab day and thanks for stopping in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Kite Strings set by Concord & 9th
Paper: SU Soft Sky and Concord & 9th white card stock
Ink: SU Poppy Parade, Blueberry Busshel, Memento Tuxedo black, Gina K Wild Dandelion and Red Hot ink cubes, VersaMark, Hero Unicorn craft ink
Other: Concord & 9th Kite Strings dies & Brighter Days dies, Misti, Gemini Jr, heat tool, clear embossing powder,  SSS cloud stencil, blending brush, SSS gems, Nuvo glitter brush, Gina K foam squares

3 comments:

  1. This is adorable! What a great way to use this sketch...your kites and clouds are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you layered the cloud and kites on the first card! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card and perfect theme for the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!