About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Flower Child

Hello peeps,

I did some late afternoon stamping and coloring today. I hadn't inked up this new stamp that was in the last Gina K Designs release yet and when I saw the fall color palette for the new Sunday Stamps Challenge, I knew it would be fun to color the stamp in these colors.

After stamping the image using Gina K Amalgam black ink, I colored it with colored pencils and used Gamsol to help with blending. (I call it coloring in the Gina K way.)




After coloring the image, I used the Gina K Master Layout 2 dies to cut the white image panel and the dark brown mat. The card base is the old SU Really Rust card stock.

I kept the inside of my card fairly simple by stamping the flower image in the upper corner and the greeting in the center. Like the front, I matted the focal panel.




Have a great Thursday and thanks for looking in,

Colleen


Supplies

Stamps: Flower Child set by Gina K Designs

Paper: Gina K white and brown card stock, SU Really Rust card stock

Ink: Gina K Amalgam black, Charcoal Brown, and Honey Mustard

Other: Faber Castell Polychromos colored pencils, Gamsol, Misit, Gina K Master Layout 2 dies, Die-namics stitched oval die, My Minds Eye gold enamel shapes, Gemini Jr., Gina K foam squares

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, what a fun image! Love seeing the two versions, the gorgeous colored one on the outside and the pretty accent on the inside - perfect for our colors! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in that flower child era and your card really speaks to me LOL! Fortunately, the colors you used are much softer and prettier than a lot of the 60's color palettes, but that design and sentiment sure evoke alot of fun memories. Your colored pencil coloring is so beautiful and I love those gold embellies. Thank you so much for joining the current challenge at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!