About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, September 25, 2020

Hey You

 Hello to all,

It's been a super busy work week for me this week. I'm commuting 90 miles each way from home to the hospital where I'm installing a chemistry system in the lab. Luckily, with many folks still working from home, the freeways in Los Angeles aren't their usual stop and go, so it's about an hour and 20 to and hour and 30 time frame each way. Needless to say, the days have been long ones. 

I made this card for the Color Hues Challenge 2 last weekend, but never got around to posting it. I used last week's Freshly Made Sketch.




I made a reverse circle mask for the top panel and stamped the SSS Chunky Flower Background stamp using VersaMark ink then heat embossed it using clear EP. Next, I blended some turquoise ink in the circle using a blender brush, then wiped the ink off the embossed images. The large die cut flower is made using the SSS Chunky Flower die. I cut it twice, in Navy and Turquoise card stocks, then arranged the Turquoise petals inside the Navy border and popped it into the center of the circle using foam squares. The greeting is stamped in Navy ink and cut out with a SSS small circle die.

I kept the inside simple with just the sentiments.



I hope everyone has a nice and relaxing weekend. I may end up working most of one day {insert sad face.} Thanks for stopping in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: All Simon Says Stamp sets: Chunky Flower Background, Happy Days, Greetings Mix 2
Paper: Concord & 9th White, Midnight and Oceanside
Ink: Concord & 9th Midnight and Oceanside, VersaMark
Other: Misti, clear EP, heat tool, SSS Chunky Flower die, SSS small circle die, Gemini Jr, foam squares, sequins, liquid glue 




3 comments:

  1. I can't imagine driving that far one way in California none the less. Bless you! I love the look of your card! I love putting pieces back into place it's almost calming to me. This came out beautifully! Thanks for playing along with us over at Color Hues when your days are so long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you've pieced together the Chunky Flower die! It looks great on the ink blended and embossed circle---that sketch worked perfectly. Hope there's less driving in your week ahead. Thanks for joining us for Color Hues #2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh that's a commute and a half, hope you get the installation over quickly and you'll have more time to craft! Your design has a wonderful graphic look about it and is just the thing for the 2nd Color Hues challenge. TFS. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!