About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, September 14, 2020

Thank You

 Happy Monday evening peeps,

Yesterday, I didn't get a chance to do any stamping until last evening after dinner. I went right to the new Paper Players Challenge to see what fun was in store for us this week. Anne Marie is the hostess with the monthly color challenge, except this week, there is a little extra challenge added in.


I have the Crafters Companion Gemini FoilPress system, so I decided I would use that to add the foil option to my card. I actually made two quite different looking cards for Anne Marie's challenge, and both have hot foiled elements.

This first card uses the Spellbinders hot foil die called Flower Pattern. It covers a full 4.25 x 5.5 inch piece of paper. I used gold foil on Tim Holtz water color paper. After foiling, I used the SU Stampin' Write Markers in the challenge colors and a water brush to water color the images. I matted the panel with black card stock and used a Whisper White card base. For the sentiment, I used another Spellbinders hot foil die that also has a cutting die. Using the same gold foil, I foiled the sentiment onto black card stock, cut it out with the die and popped it up with SU dimensionals. I added 5 gold sequins for embellishments.

I didn't stamp anything on the inside, instead saving this a a Thank You note card.



For this second card, I used a relatively new Taylored Expressions stamp and die set, and a stencil. Using the stencil to mask off the outside of a white panel, I used blending brushes to brush on the three challenge colors in a diagonal pattern. I heat embossed the image onto Tim Holtz water color paper using gold EP, then used the same Stampin' Write Markers and water brush to color the image, then cut it out with the set die. I used mini SU dimensionals to pop it up over the sponged background. The small thank you sentiment is done with the hot foil system using gold foil on Cajun Craze card stock. I cut the sponged panel with the Gina K Master Layout 2 die and mat. The mat is Cajun Craze card stock and the card base is again Whisper White thick card stock. As with card one, nothing is stamped in the inside. Just a blank thank you note card too.



I don't do much foiling, but it is pretty fun. I've only gotten a few plates and dies, although I've tried using some of my regular dies and they do work okay. The lines are just super thin.

I thought these colors were a strange choice together, but after seeing them on these and the DT cards, they look good.

Thanks for looking,

Colleen

Supplies

Stamps: Sketchbook Florals set by Taylored Expressions

Paper: SU Whisper White, Basic Black, Cajun Craze, Tim Holtz water color paper

Ink: SU Cajun Craze, Pretty Peacock, Blackberry Bliss ink pads and Stampin' Write Markers, VersaMark

Other: Spellbinders hot foil plates and dies (Flower Pattern, Yana's Sentiments, Elegant Occasion Sentiments), Spellbinders gold foil, Gemini FoilPress system, Gemini Jr., Misti, gold embossing powder, heat tool, Taylored Expressions deckle rectangle A2 mask, TE blending brushes, Gina K Designs Master Layout 1 and 2 die sets,  gold sequins, gold cord, SU dimensionals


3 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning cards, Colleen! This is a fabulous technique. Your soft coloring is gorgeous. I am so glad you played with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, that foiling adds SUCH awesome detail! Both of your cards are beautiful and I just love the way you showcased the challenge colors. Gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of your cards, Colleen! They are absolutely gorgeous with the gold foiling and soft watercoloring! Thank you for joining The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!