About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sending You Sunshine for SSSC72

Hi all,
I hope everyone had a good weekend.  It's back to court for me tomorrow to finish my jury duty for this year.  I'm hoping that tomorrow will be the last day so I can get back to work.

Today, I met with some friends for our monthly "craft day".  There are usually 7 to 9 of us that meet once a month.  Sometimes we meet on a Saturday and sometimes it's on Sunday.  Our oldest crafter is in her 80s and our youngest is graduating from high school on Tuesday.  Some of us do stamping, one does needlepoint, one works on quilting, and some do scrap booking.  We take turns bringing lunch, which always includes dessert, and everything is always quite YUMMY.

Today I worked on this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge card.  I really liked what Karen had for us today (not that I don't every week).  Once again, I reached for my Taylored Expressions' Garden Party Critters set, paired with the Garden Party Project Pantry kit.  I changed it up a bit by using the Stampin' Up shaped clear buttons and corresponding punches, found in the current Summer Mini catalog, for the flowers instead of using the flowers on the stamp.  I'd been itching to use these buttons and punches, but hadn't had the right project yet. I'm pretty happy with the end result.  Also, check out the sparkly trail of the ladybug.
(you can make the image larger by clicking on it)




Supplies

Stamps: Garden Party Critters by Taylored Expressions 
Paper & Ribbon: Garden Party Project Pantry kit by Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento rich cocoa, memento tuxedo black, glorious green, 
red Copic
Buttons: SU clear shaped and earth elements
Other: SU mini shapes punches, SU round scallop punch, linen thread, mini glue dots, pop up glue dots, dimensionals, Taylor's tiny twinkles, Embellie Gellie to apply the twinkles, clear glue for the clear buttons, deckle sicssors

Happy Monday all and thanks for stopping by,
Colleen






1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute card. I LOVE all of the button flowers and the ladybug trail of gems!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!