About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sending You Sunshine

I picked up some very thin cork sheets a few weeks ago at one of my local stamp stores. I wanted them to use with my TE and Die-namics scalloped border dies. When I saw Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch #108 this morning, I had in my mind to make rolled roses out of it for an "organic" look and feel.

I have to confess, this card did not go together as easily as I expected.  It turns out that it's not as easy as it may seem to roll very thin cork. (it crumbles) But persistence paid off and in the end, I think the look is pretty cool.

(click image to view larger)



Unfortunately, I need a sympathy card for one of my co-workers who lost her father this past Friday. This one will be in the mail to her tomorrow to let her know I'm thinking about her and to give my condolences.

Supplies
Stamps: Taylored Expressions Friendship Blooms and It's a Banner Day 2 sets
Card stock: SU basic grey and baja breeze textured and TE choice snow white, cork sheet
Patterned Paper: SU DSP retired
Ink: SU old olive and not quite navy
Other: Classic circle, scalloped circle and labels 3 Nesties, TE It's a Banner Day 2 die, Die-namics rolled rose dies (3 sizes), SU butterfly die, SU corner rounder punch, SU old olive ribbon, Kaiser black rhinestones, sewing machine, the Big Shot, pop-up glue dots, small glue dots, and dimensionals

I hope everyone has a good coming week. Thanks for stopping by,
Colleen

2 comments:

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!