About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Good Friendships

It's late Sunday evening and the end of another weekend. I hope you all had a good one. Today, I had the chance to make a couple cards. The one I'm showing you in this post I made using Jen's Deconstructed Sketch #24 and a new stamp that the mail man brought me this past week with my latest MFT order.




I pulled out my October Key Ingredients kit from Taylored Expressions for most of the papers and embellishments. I was looking for fall colors to use and these papers work well. The paper on the top part of the card is the reverse side of the paper on the bottom.  I inked the recessed side of an embossing folder with some red Color Box chalk ink before running through my Big Shot. For the oval with the image, I inked the raised side with rust Color Box chalk ink before running through. Such a fun look and a great way to add more dimension to the project. The heart is paper pieced, as you can see.

I've missed a few FTR challenges over at Linda's Catered Crop blog. I checked out the recipe, and the fall colors "ingredient" is what I started with when planning this card. Additional added "ingredients," patterned papers, Copic markers, thread, ribbon, paper piecing, sewing, die cuts, Autumn/Fall theme, and I'm ready to play along.

Here's wishing you all a wonderful week ahead. Thanks for looking in,

Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Heart Felt by Claire Keay/My Favorite Things
Card stock: Hillary and choice buttercream from Taylored Expressions
Patterned paper: Farmhouse by Crate Paper
Ink: Memento rich cocoa, Color Box chalk in red and rust, Copics
Other: Flowers EF, classic and scalloped oval Nesties, mum flower and flower brad from October KI kit, sewing machine, the Big Shot, and dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you played with us. You know I'm a huge Jellypark/Claire Keay fan! Love the colors. Thanks for joining us at Catered Crop.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!