About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, December 19, 2011

More December Birthday Cards

Happy Monday evening all,
I hope everyone had a happy start to the week. Hopefully it will be a light work week for you. I will be finished with work after Wednesday until after the new year. I will be traveling to see my sister and her family in Portland, OR, along with our mom and brother too. It will be a fun, family filled Christmas.

As I mentioned in my last post, I have several family and friends with birthdays during Christmas week. I have two more cards to share with you tonight.

First up is a card for my good friend Martin. He will be a very young 70 something on Christmas day. He is a really fun guy with a great sense of humor, and into racing Porsche cars. I think he'll love this Bugaboo Digi Gus card. I used Karen's SSSC #147 again. Love it! I dropped some Glossy Accents over Gus' glasses to give him that big eyed effect.


The inside:




The second card is for a slightly younger guy. I used the very appropriate TE Moka Justin stamp and Jen's Deconstructed Sketch # 31 for the layout. Two of the border dies were cut, and the black layered under the red to give it a shadowed look.



Supplies
Card 1
Stamps: Bugaboo Digi Gus WTF
Papers: TE dark blue, medium blue and choice buttercream CS, My Minds Eye Stella Rose Hattie PP
Ink: Copics
Other: Screw brads and metal sheet from a very old TE father's day project pantry kit, Glossy Accents, and dimensionals

Card 2
Stamps: Moka Justin by Taylored Expressions
Papers: TE red and black CS and My Minds Eye Lime Twist - Out of the Blue PP
Ink: Memento tuxedo black and Copics
Other: Seeing spots EF, Die-namics border die, TE large round brads and peace sign brad, and dimensionals

I am so stoked that I have a spot in an upcoming Copic certification class. I'm looking forward to learning more about using these markers.

That's it for tonight. Thanks for looking in today all,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!