About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Rock Star

Hi all,

My Christmas cards are all signed, sealed, stamped and sent. Now I'm concentrating on end of December birthdays. This card was made for a teen boy who turns 14 a few days after  Christmas. He is into all things music and also plays bass and guitar. I think he'll like this one.





The sketch is Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch 174. I turned it on it's side to accommodate the tall image. Other than that, I followed the sketch pretty literally. The papers are MME Lime Twist. I sponged the edges with some TH black distress ink. The center panel is dry embossed with the TE Music Impressions Plate. The guitar player and the sentiment are wet embossed.

Supplies
Stamps: You're My Hero set by Taylored Expressions
Paper: SU Not Quite Navy, Black, and Crumb Cake card stock and My Mind's Eye Lime Twist patterned paper
Ink: SU craft black, craft Not Quite Navy and Tim Holtz Black Distress ink
Other: SU clear embossing powder, TE Music Impression Plate, Die-namics Notched Border die, metallic brads, SU corner punch, the Big Shot and dimensionals.

Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

2 comments:

  1. I love this awesome card Colleen, the papers and the embossing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an awesome card, Colleen! I love all the grungy distressing! I featured your card on our fan favorites thread: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/taylored-expressions-f314/te-fan-favorites-t563199.html. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!