About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Be Awesome

Hello and welcome to another work week. Yes, it's Monday and time for many of us to go back to work. I'd much rather stamp!

I made this card over the weekend using the MFTWSC119 layout. Lots of layers! I love layers! I also decided to give coloring on kraft card stock with Prismacolor colored pencils a try. After seeing Inge's  tutorial on the MFT Academy and the cards that some of the MFT DT posted like this fabulous creation by Karen Motz how could I not. Clearly, I have some practicing to do, but I think for my first try, not too bad.

  

The colors that I used for the skin were pretty much what Inge suggested except I don't have the sand colored pencil. The hair I did in 2 grays and black and the leotard in aquas. Some sewing and some Die-namics dies and rhinestones finish off the look.

Here is the inside. I kept it fairly simple.



Supplies
Stamps: PI Gymnast Girl set by My Favorite Things
Paper: SU Pool Party, Taken With Teal and Kraft card stock and Walk In the Park by Echo Park patterned paper
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU Taken With Teal and Crumb Cake
Prismacolors Colored Pencils
Other: Die-namics dies, scalloped and classic rectangle Nesties, classic oval Nestie, Kaiser rhinestones,  pink Stickles, sewing machine, the Big Shot, and dimensionals

I hope you have a great week and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!