About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Woo Hoo! Let's Go Eat Cake

Hello,

I made this card yesterday morning for the Seize the Birthday #13 (masculine card) challenge. I really like doing this chalkboard technique. I was noticing that on the cards that I was making however, the white embossing was looking rather dingy. I think that my white embossing powder was too old. I bought some new and this is nice and bright white. Much better!

I used one of the newer single stamps from Stampin' Up to make this birthday card. It's a perfect stamp for this technique. After heating the EP, I colored some of the images with my Prismacolor pencils to look like colored chalk. Love the look!




The inside:


Two more SU sets were used for the inside images.

Supplies
Stamps: SU Woo Hoo single stamp, SU Patterned Party set and SU Happiest Birthday Wishes set
Paper: SU Real Red, Basic Black and Tempting Turquoise card stock and Summertime by Echo Park patterned papers
Ink: SU Craft White, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive
Other: SU corner rounder punch, Die-namics notched border die, Kaiser red pearls, SU white EP, heat tool, the Big Shot and dimensionals

Thanks all,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!