About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, April 13, 2015

Oh My Goodies!

Happy Monday,

Today's card uses the Sweet Sunday Sketch #264 layout. What an interesting design! But, also a fun one. I had no idea what to do for it, so I just looked through my collection of stamps and patterned papers until inspiration struck. For this card, it all started with the papers, specifically the row of mason jars.

The stamp set that wanted to use at first didn't work out because the image required too big of a circle element. So, I went looking for something that was the correct size and that also fit with my papers. I found this SU set that I had not used before called Oh My Goodies! Since I just happened to have the correct dies to match, it was meant to be.




As the set is just contains labels, more appropriate for the outside of cards or packages, I needed to find something for the inside. I mixed it up and choose a Lawn Fawn set, and I think it all works.



I stamped the jar in Baja Breeze ink and used my aqua painter to watercolor the inside of the jar with the same ink. The jar's label is cut from the same patterned paper used on the front and where I stamped the "thanks"sentiment. The lemon slice and flower are fussy cut and after gluing them in place I added some Glossy Accents for a shine.

I love how the 3 enamel hearts on the front makes the whole look so much more!

Supplies
Stamps: Ouside- Oh My Goodies set from Stampin' Up, Inside: Summertime Charm set from Lawn Fawn
Paper: SU Very Vanilla and Calypso Coral card stocks and Dear Lizzy-Lucky Charm by American Crafts patterned papers
Ink: SU Calypso Coral, Summer Starfruit, Baja Breeze, Memento tuxedo black and Copic Lemon Yellow
Other: SU labels die, SU large oval punch, Die-namics Pierced Fishtail Flags STAX die, enamel hearts, Glossy Accents, the Big Shot, dimensionals

Have a lovely week and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!