About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, June 1, 2015

Happy Birthday

Hello,

It's been a few weeks since my last post because that "work thing" has gotten in the way of my stamping time again! I finally had some time on Sunday afternoon to sit down and stamp. I have several friends with birthdays this summer so I decided to use The Paper Player's Tic-Tac-Toe challenge to make a card for my stash.

I stretched my style a little with this "scrappy" card. This isn't my usual style, but I kind of like the way it turned out.




I chose the bottom horizontal combination for my card. Like everyone, I love this new flower from SU. We've seen it all over blog-land lately. I stamped it on SU water color paper with SU Craft black ink and embossed with clear EP. I used my new Zig CLEAN COLOR Real Brush water color markers to color the image. Jennifer McGuire has 3 good YouTube videos on these new markers. They are fun! A friend gave me a set of 12 because she didn't think she would use them. Lucky me! (Now I want more colors, LOL.) Also keeping up with trends, I used the "label" style greeting stamping "birthday" with VersaMark ink on black card stock and embossing with SU white EP.

Supplies
Stamps: You've Got This and Crazy About You sets by Stampin' Up
Paper: SU water color, Daffodil Delight, Basic black card stocks and SU Watercolor Wonder DSP
Ink: SU Craft Black, VersaMark and Zig CLEAN COLOR Real Brush water color markers
Other: Die-namics curved stitched rectangle and banner dies, SU Honeycomb EF, SU paper doily, SU aqua painter pen,  SU Hello You Thinlits die, tiny clothes pin, Ranger Multi Matte Medium, the Big Shot, dimensionals

Thanks for looking in and have a great week,
Colleen

3 comments:

  1. So bright and cheerful! I love the yellow! Great design. Thanks for playing along with my tic tac toe challenge this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy creation!! Your flower is beautiful as is that cheerful "happy"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love this new stamp and you showcased it beautifully with your cool new markers! woohoo! Love new products to play with! Thank you for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!