About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, September 20, 2015

One Sketch - Three Card Layouts

Hi all,

Hope everyone is having a nice week end. It's a gorgeous "end of summer" weekend here in southern California, although it may get fairly hot before the day is over. I spent my morning doing chores and now that they are over, I'm heading to my craft room to spend some quality time with my stamps, ink and paper.

My post today is about how we can use one sketch and get several different looking cards.
Using the current StampInkPaper #14 sketch, I made three cards over the past week with completely different looks so I thought I'd share them in one blog post.

Here is the sketch:

Here are my three cards:
Card #1


I used the sketch pretty much exactly as it is drawn. This is one of LawnFawn's new Halloween sets and it's super cute. The ghost's costumes are colored with Copics.

Card #2



I rotated the sketch to accommodate this super cute Pure Innocence new set. She is colored with Copics and the color scheme is from The Paper Players #262 challenge. (I didn't get my card made in time to post it)

Card #3


The images are from an older Lawn Fawn Halloween set. I liked this paper with the spooky tree and birds and bats in the back ground. Since I didn't want to cover them up, I opted for the Die-namics oval frame. The oval and house are both tilted for a "wackier" look. I love how it worked! The ghost is stamped on vellum to look more "ghosty".

Supplies
Card 1
Stamps: Booyah set by Lawn Fawn
Paper: SU Tangelo Twist, Elegant Eggplant and X-Press It Blending card stocks, Doodlebug Ghouls & Goodies patterned papers
Ink: Memento tuxedo black and Copics
Other: sparkly Boo greeting from Reflections, Fiskers corner punch, Doodlebug enamel dots, Wink of Stella pen and yellow Stickles, Lawn Fawn Booyah dies, the Big Shot, dimensionals

Card 2
Stamps: PI Thankful Friend set by My Favorite Things
Paper: SU Lost Lagoon and X-Press It Blending card stocks, SU retired DSP
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics
Other: ribbon, sequins, SU wooden leaves, mini glue dots, Die-namics pierced rounded rectangle die, the Big Shot, dimensionals

Card 3
Stamps: Happy Haunting set by Lawn Fawn
Paper: TE textured black and X-Press It Blending card stocks, Echo Park The Apothecary Emporium patterned papers, SU vellum
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics and SU Tangelo Twist
Other: Die-namics framed stitched oval die, Wink of Stella gel pen, sequins, the Big Shot, dimensionals

Have a great Sunday afternoon and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

2 comments:

  1. Fun cards!! Hard to pick, but I think #2 is my favorite!! (I love the little wooden leaf, and your ribbon choice.) Thank you for playing along at Stamp, Ink, Paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, I absolutely love your card making skills! Bulls Eye in combining the colors, embellishment and stamped image. Marvelous sweetheart...marvelous. Love it! Thank you for joining us this week at the Stamp Ink Paper Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!