About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, September 4, 2017

Thinking Of You

Happy Labor Day evening peeps,

I'm sad to see this day end because it means it's back to work time, but, I've had a very nice and relaxing weekend and I hope you have too.

I made several cards over the last three days. It was good to get some stamping time in because I will be working out of town for the next 2.5 weeks, so stamping time will be limited to the weekends.

This card I made for the current CAS(E) This Sketch challenge. When I saw the sketch this week, I was quite stumped. I really didn't know what to do with it. But, after looking through some of my new SU Holiday catalog sets, I came up with this.




I stamped one of the small leaf stamps from the set so it fans out from the center like in the sketch. After stamping I colored them with Copics in fall colors. I heat embossed the greeting with SU copper EP onto Old Olive card stock and then punched it out with an SU punch. A hole was punched in the side and I threaded some SU gold sequin ribbon through, then tied a small bow with some olive twine and using a mini glue dot, adhered it over the small hole. The whole element is popped up with foam tape over the center of the stamped images. I added some very small olive pearls and gold enamel dots around the images to finish off the embellishments.

Here is the inside:



Have a wonderful Tuesday and thanks so much for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Stampin' Up sets Count My Blessings and Sassy Salutations
Paper: SU Old Olive and Whisper White card stock
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU Old Olive, Copics
Other: SU Everyday Label punch, SU mini sequin trim, green twine, foam tape, Want To Scrap mini pearls, enamel dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!