About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Saturday, October 27, 2018

Just For You

Hello stampers,

It's a gloomy Saturday afternoon here on the SoCal coast. Very foggy as I look out my craft room window. Regardless, I'm having a good time with my crafty supplies this afternoon.

I have a fair number of birthday's coming up in November that I still need to make cards for, so I thought I'd used this week's Retro Rubber theme challenge as my inspiration. The challenge is called Fall Harvest and the pretty sunflowers and the basket in the inspiration photo caught my eye.




Using some Neenah Desert Storm card stock, I stamped the images with Memento tuxedo black and colored them with colored pencils. The coloring technique that I used was to first color the images with either white or vanilla pencil, then colored over that with the browns, yellows and greens.

The basket image was stamped first. Using the masking technique, the flowers were stamped to appear like they are in the basket. After trimming the stamped panel, I layered it onto a panel of textured yellow card stock, then to the card base, also Neenah Desert Storm.

I didn't take a picture of the inside. It's very simple with just Happy Birthday as the sentiment.

Thanks for stopping in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: all single wood mounted stamps
Fruit Basket - Lg: River City Rubber Works 1998
Sunflowers: Judith Stamps 1993
Just For You: Stampin' Up 2000
Paper: Neenah Desert Storm, TE textured yellow and SU Vanilla Confetti card stocks
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Gina K Charcoal Brown, Polychromos colored pencils
Other: SU brown candy dots, kraft & brown Baker's twine

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful colouring, Colleen! Your basket is very cheerful indeed. Looking at the dates on your stamps... impressive! I'd never even come across stamping when those stamps were made! I like the way you've used kraft as both a card base and the background of the design - looks really good that way. Thank you for playing with us again at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try this coloring technique. I am finding the colored pencils are my friend rather than alcohol inks and this is a great idea! I too have some images from the late 90's, it is always fun to use them! A very pretty card that the recipient is sure to enjoy! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber for our fall photo inspiration challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made great use of these older stamps, Colleen! Lovely sunflowers and a beautiful basket! Great take on the inspiration photo! Thanks for playing with our challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!