About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, November 10, 2019

You and a Unicorn for Christmas

Hi again Peeps,

Another post with another Holiday card that I made this weekend. This card uses this week's Case this Sketch! sketch. I was looking through some of my older Lawn Fawn sets and came across the little unicorn set and decided it would work well with the sketch layout. Since the theme of my card is Unicorns, I decided to go with a pastel color palette. I'm also posting to this week's Retro Rubber Challenge. It's Anything Goes week.





To start my card I needed to make the small rectangle/square element for my little Unicorn. I made the background using the Concord & 9th Star Turnabout set and four SU pastel shades of ink. The card base is SU Purple Posy card stock. Using Purple Posy ink, a blender brush and a cloud stencil, I made the background. The circle of stars, cut from Pretty In Pink paper, is from Avery Elle. The Unicorn is colored with Copics and cut out using the corresponding die. The first two lines of the sentiment are stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed with white EP. The "You" is stamped with Purple Posy ink first, then over stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed with clear EP. All were then trimmed and popped up with small dimensionals. The last part of the sentiment is stamped with black ink in the lower corner.

Here is the inside. This sentiment is from the Lawn Fawn Winter Skies set. It fit perfectly with the rest of my card. The little snowflakes are from this set as well.



Thanks again for stopping in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Winter Unicorn and Winter Skies sets both by Lawn Fawn
Paper: SU Whisper White, Purple Posy and Pretty In Pink card stock
Ink: SU Purple Posy, Pretty In Pink, Pineapple Crush, and Pool Party, Gina K amalgam black ink and VersaMark, Copics
Other: Winter Unicorn die, Avery Elle circle of stars die, cloud stencil, TE blender brush, Misti, Gemini Jr, white and clear EP, heat tool, Nuvo clear glitter brush, Gemini Jr, dimensionals


5 comments:

  1. Always nice to have you play along with us at Retro Rubber, Colleen. Love your purple clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! this is one adorable Unicorn, love the wreath of stars and the fabulous clouds in the background.
    Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER.
    Hugs.
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Unicorn, love your coloring and your card. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge combo! I love that Unicorn set by LF. The wreath of stars is just FABULOUS! I need that. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, what a cute Christmas card...I was wondering how you were going to tie Christmas and unicorns together, but your little tongue-in-cheek there worked perfectly! Just adorable! So happy you shared this with us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!