About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, November 29, 2019

Let Your Heart Be Light

Happy Black Friday,

I am NOT a shopper and certainly not on Black Friday usually, but I am in Pacific Grove/Carmel-by-the-Sea (Monterey, CA area) for the Thanksgiving weekend with my bestie and my mom, so we are going into the village later today for lunch and a little shopping. It shouldn't be like hitting the large department stores or malls.

We've had great weather so far, but tomorrow the rain is supposed to start. I brought some coloring projects and we have Five Crowns to play and other games if it gets too windy and wet. Maybe we will do the Monterey Bay Aquarium. We've all been, but it's a place you can go again and again.

I made this card last Sunday for Joanne's sketch challenge at the Paper Players. I like the simplicity of the sketch and it certainly has tons of room for interpretation, but I kept to the sketch pretty closely.







The stamp set is by Altenew from a few years ago. It's one of their layering sets and super fun to play with. I went with traditional Christmas colors of green, red and gold.

Here's the inside of the card. Stamps here are from Concord & 9th.


Here's a little picture from the famous 17 Mile Drive I took yesterday. I believe these are Black Cormorant seabirds.





I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Day with family and friends. Wishing you a nice and relaxing weekend. Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Candlelight Set by Altenew and Christmas Florals by Concord & 9th
Paper: SU Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow and Whisper White card stock, SU Christmas Time Is Here DSP, Concord & 9th Gold paper
Ink: VersaMark, SU Old Olive and Mossy Meadow, Cherry Cobbler, Merry Merlot, Copics
Other: gold EP, heat tool, Misti, Altenew dies, gold sequins

2 comments:

  1. Love your tealight card in rich festive colours Colleen - hope you enjoyed a lovely thanksgiving break and the shops weren't too busy today! Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, your candle light is gorgeous! I love the background paper and this gorgeous color! Such a festive card. SO happy you joined us at the Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!