About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, October 18, 2020

Happy Birthday and Today Is All About You

Hi peeps,

Our friends that we visit in MA for our yearly week on Cape Cod (we skipped this year for obvious reasons) kids, twins, have a birthday on Halloween. We've known Kyle and Kaylie since they were around 1.5 years old. They will turn 24 this year! 

When I saw the new release from Colorado Craft Company I wanted to buy a set or two. Unfortunately, I couldn't decide on which set or two, so I bought the whole release! Luckily, I'm still working, LOL.

I received my box early in the week and decided to use them to make the kid's birthday cards. I love Linda's Freshly Made Sketch this week and decided to use it for both.

 



To color the images I used the negative mask coloring technique that Jennifer McGuire shows us in this video blog post. It works wonderfully. I did go back in with Copics and do some shading. After coloring the stamped images, I used the image masks and some Scor Tape then blended in the grass and the sky. On the dog card, the images are not die cut. On the bunny card, they are. 

Here are the individual cards with their inside greetings.







I hope you're having a restful Sunday. Thanks all,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Anita Jeram sets Wishing You Happiness, Birthday Wishing, Snow Happy by Colorado Craft Company
Paper: SU Mint Macaron, Watermelon Wonder, Mango Melody, Whisper White card stock, SU Birthday Bonanza and Birthday Bouquet DSP
Ink: Gina K amalgam black, Slate, Kraft, Sandy Beach, Grass Green, Sea Glass, Red Hot, VersaMark, Copics
Other: Misti, white EP, heat tool, Gina K Masking Magic, blending brushes, Scor Tape, foam tape, Birthday Wishing set dies, Gina K Master Layouts 1 & 2 dies, Gemini  Jr, Nuvo clear glitter pen, SU Crystal Effects


5 comments:

  1. Yep when in doubt get them all! These cards are as cute as can be! Love those sweet animals! Glad you shared these at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these cards are so sweet! I just love those little critters! So fun! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the softly colored critters! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet cards! I love these critters and your cards could not be cuter!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!