About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Birthday Cards

 Hello Peeps,

It's been quite some time since my last post. There are a few reasons. I was visiting my mom and sister in northern California for most of April. Instead of stamping while there, I pieced a quilt top that is currently at the quilter's being quilted and, I fell and fractured my left arm, specifically the Radial Head. Not going to lie, it hurts! 

My sister and I bought new bikes and we had just finished a 20 mile ride. I got tangled up with the peddles stepping through to get off and over I went. There is not much that can be done with breaks in the elbow. The good news is the bones stayed aligned and it's healing well. The last Xray shows new bone already. Basic restrictions: no weight bearing activities.

After a month of not doing much, I decided to try stamping and it went okay. The hardest is holding the die cutting machine steady with my left hand because that hurts, so I went to using the electric cutter which was easier. 

Here's the cards that I made yesterday. I was in a red, white and blue mode, I guess because of Memorial Day. I've used Claire's sketch for this week's Paper Players challenge.

I made two cards using the same Concord & 9th stamp and die set. This is actually a gate fold card with a belly band. The stamped panels are made using the Contempo Turn-a-bout stamp. The panels and mats are cut using dies from Master Layouts 13 die set from Gina K. This cute phone die set is called Just Calling. All of the inks and card stock are also from Concord & 9th.





This die set has an option to make an interactive card and that is what I made for the second card. 






If you notice, there is the word "turn" stamped next to the phone's dial. If the dial is turned, a different image rolls into the window above the phone. Here's a pic of that.




There are 10 spaces on the die to stamp phrases or images from the coordinating stamp set.

This card is not a gate fold card. The background plaid is another C&9th Turn-a-bout stamp and I used the same GKD die to cut the panels for the front. 

I didn't take pictures of the insides of the cards this time. They both have birthday sentiments.

Have a good week. I'm going to try to get back to more stamping, as much as my arm allows for.

Colleen


Supplies
Stamps: From Concord & 9th Just Calling set with dies, Contempo Turnabout and Plaid Turnabout
Paper: Concord & 9th card stocks
Ink: Concord & 9th 
Other: Gina K Designs Master Layouts 13 and Stitched Circle dies, Concord & 9th Sunburst Card Front die, Big Shot Switch, Misti, SU Dimensionals, Connect Liquid glue, SU enamel star embellishments





6 comments:

  1. Colleen, these are AMAZING! I love old phones and these are so FUN!!!!! I love the red, white and blue combos and the plaid and graphic backgrounds!!!!! I would love to receive one in the mail! You certainly made my challenge shine!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, I am so very sorry to hear of your fall. I am praying for you! I wish you a speedy recovery and for pain free healing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Claire. I appreciate your kind thoughts. More than anything, it's annoying, LOL.

      Delete
  3. Colleen both of these cards are just fabulous - I'm loving the bright and colourful retro phones and the interactive element on the second one is so fun! So sorry to hear about your fall - sending you healing hugs and hoping your elbow continues to improve. Thanks for playing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne! Im starting PT today.

      Delete
  4. Colleen, firstly. OUCH! I do hope you are healing and it's great that you were able to do some crafting - that takes a lot of patience. Secondly, fabulous take on the challenge. I love the bold red, blue and white paper and, of course, that old phone brings back wonderful memories. So glad you were able to craft and share this with us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!