About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, April 25, 2024

Best Wishes To You

 Hi everyone,

It's time for my last post as Just Us Girls April Guest Designer. It's sure been fun to participate with this talented group of ladies this month.

This week is Stencil week. I love using stencils and do so quite often when card making.


For this week's card, I've used mostly all Gina K Designs products again and they include a large background stamp, a background stencil, a floral stamp set with dies and a couple of her Master Layout die sets. This card uses several techniques including emboss resist, ink blending, and the Joseph's Coat technique. I hope you enjoy what I've created.



The process to make this card started with cutting a panel from white card stock and using 1/4" Masking Magic strips to mask off a boarder around the panel. Next I heat embossed the Petite Flourish background stamp with white embossing powder over the entire panel ink blending the panel with yellow, green and blue inks from top to bottom. After letting the ink soak into the paper for a bit, I wiped the ink off of the white embossing using a dry paper towel. Using the Flower Garden stencil, I blended black ink over the entire panel for the Joseph's Coat technique. When the stencil is removed, the colored ink is revealed as the stencil flowers.

Using the You Give Me Butterflies stamp set, I stamped a couple of the flowers and leaves using the coordinating stencils to color the images. They are cut out using the set dies. The black oval is from the Master Layouts 1 die set and cut from black card stock.The sentiment is heat embossed with white. I added some of Gina's colored pearls in the center of the flowers and on the oval for embellishments.

Here is the inside of this card with stenciled, stamped and die cut images. Both the front and inside sentiments are from the Sweet Sentiments Mini stamp set.




I can't wait to see what you do with stencils. They are one of my favorite tools so I'm looking forward to the gallery this week.

Many, Many Thanks to the Just Us Girls DT for inviting me to play along as the Guest Designer this month! 
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Petite Flourish Background stamp, You Give Me Butterflies set and Sweet Sentiments Mini set all Gina K Designs
Stencils: Flower Garden and Coordinating You Give Me Butterflies 
Paper: Gina K Designs Layering Weight White and Black Onyx Card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs Craft White, Black Onyx, Wild Dandelion, Jelly Bean Green and Blue Raspberry
Other: Gina K Designs Master Layouts 1 and 2, Masking Magic, White Embossing powder, blending brushes, Pearl Mix, Connect Glue, Misti, Big Shot, Heat Tool, SU Dimensionals


6 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous, Colleen. I have never hear of the Joseph's Coat technique. You certainly have executed it beautifully here!!! It's wonderful to have you with us as Guest Designer. Thank you for your wonderful and inspiring projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen... thank you so much for sharing the Joseph's Coat technique. I haven't seen that in quite some time... and the effect is just lovely. I wish I had a rolodex filled with techniques I could be reminded of with one spin. Thanks so for being out guestie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome final card! Thanks so much for joining JUGS for the month of April. IT WAS A PLEASURE SEEING YOUR CARDS ON A WEEKLY BASIS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! I love all of the techniques you combined on this fabulous creation. Thank you so much for joining us this past month with all of your awesome creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card you got by combining those techniques, Colleen. The black really makes the bright flowers pop. It's been a pleasure having you as our guest this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colleen, your Joseph's Coat technique is something new to me - and your results are amazing. Such an eye-catching card! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this month; you've been wonderfully inspiring.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!