About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Thursday, April 11, 2024

Sunny Days Ahead

 Hi and Happy Thursday,

I have my second April Guest Designer card for Just Us Girls. This week is WORD week and our word is Rain.



I'm using all Concord & 9th supplies today with this cute umbrella turnabout stamp and coordinating Rain or Shine stamp and die set. 

I started with the turnabout stamp using four ink colors from C&9th. Matching the card stock to the ink colors I cut the umbrella die from Watermelon card stock and heat embossed the sentiment using white embossing powder. For the Sea Glass circle, I first stamped the rain drops to completely cover a 5.5 x 4.25 panel again embossing with white embossing powder. After cutting the circle, I ink blended Sea Glass ink over the edges for a darker shade of color. The flower embellishments on the umbrella are from the stamp/die set and the enamel dots in the flowers and on the bottom of the umbrella are from C&9th.




I decided to use the negative piece of the raindrop panel on the inside. Sentiment and heart stamps are also from the Rain or Shine set.



I hope you play along with us this week. I look forward to seeing how "Rain" inspires you.

Thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Rain or Shine stamp and die set and Umbrella Turnabout set from Concord & 9th
Paper: Concord & 9th Sea Glass, Watermelon, Pebble and white
Ink: Concord & 9th Sea Glass, Watermelon, Pebble, Buttercup and Oceanside, and Gina K Designs White Craft ink
Other: Gina K Designs Double and Single Stitched Circle dies, White embossing powder, heat tool, Gina K Designs Master Layouts 1 dies, Concord & 9th enamel dots, Big Shot, Misti, blending brush, foam tape, SU glue dots

7 comments:

  1. So fun! The use of papers is fabulous 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card Colleen! Love your design and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card, Colleen. I had not yet seen the umbrella turnabout. You did an amazing job with it. Your color choices are wonderful and I love the detail of the little flowers, enamel dots, embossed raindrops... Fabulous make! ~ Stephanie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all of the little umbrellas in the background! Cute card, Colleen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colleen... the sentiment is perfect for that fun and fabulous umbrella! So glad you are guesting with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute and an amazing encouragement card. Awesome job with the turn-a-bout background. Love the little flowers and raindrops, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card turned out so cute, Colleen. Pun intended. ;) I love the mix of colors you used.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!