About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, October 14, 2024

Thankful For You

Happy Monday,

I sat down after dinner last night and made this card for Joanne's color challenge at the Paper Players. She has a fun, seasonal palette, shades of brown and orange. 

For my card, I've used the September 2024 SCT's Let's Stamp Together kit. This kit is from LDRS Creative. Each Let's Stamp Together kit comes with a stamp set, coordinating dies and a stencil. In this case, the stencil is for coloring the stamped images. 

The background is made with the SSS Basketweave 3D embossing folder. After embossing I used an old Color Box gold ink pad to highlight some of the raised pattern.

Recently, Gina K. did a video on faux no-line coloring and I used her process to add color to the flower image after stamping. It is a fun technique. If you want to learn more, view her Stamp and Chat video on YouTube here. I used GKD orange shades of Sweet Mango, Coral Reef and Tomato Soup for the flowers and the Color Box gold for the leaves using medium blending brushes for the shading and small blending brushes to add ink to specific areas on the stamp for the line details. These are added after the coloring/shading is done using a coordinating color, so inking of the stamp must be done with a sponge dauber or blending brush. 

I added a little more metallic with gold strips on the sides of the embossed panel and gold dot embellishments.




The stamp set has a few more images that I've used on the inside, however there is only one sentiment stamp so I pulled out the another LDRS Creative set for my inside greeting.




A fun color challenge with many possibilities. I just may use it again for some of my other card ideas. Have a great week!
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: LDRS Creative Forever Thankful and My Wish For You sets
Paper: Gina K Designs Layering Weight Vanilla, Charcoal Brown and Gold card stock
Ink: Gina K Designs Charcoal Brown, Kraft, Sweet Mango, Coral Reef, and Tomato Soup. Color Box Gold 
Other: Simon Says Stamp Basketweave 3D embossing folder, Gina K Designs gold pearl embellishments, blending brushes

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous, Colleen! Those flowers are so realistic and your background and embellishments really kick it up a notch! Thanks for playing along with us at the Players this week, always happy to see your creations!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!