About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Friday, May 12, 2017

Friends

Happy Friday Peeps!

The weekend is almost here and, as usual, I'm happy about that. No specific plans, but there doesn't need to be for me.

Yesterday after work when I was cruising through blogs I came across the newest Time Out post. This week, we are CASE-ing the very talented Hannelie Bester. I love her work so I thought I'd play along.

Here's the card that I made based on her challenge card example (below).


Hannelie's Card:



I was inspired to use the colored background peaking though the die element, the splatter on her card and the flower theme.

I started with a piece of watercolor paper and blended Distress yellows and oranges using a blending tool horizontally. I mixed some pink Distress ink with water and using a small paint brush, splattered the paint over the watercolored paper. I used a Die-namics Cover Up to cut the top layer from Whisper white card stock and splattered it lightly before gluing it to the watercolored panel.

The flower from Altenew is stamped with SU Archival black ink onto another piece of watercolor paper and watercolored with the yellow and orange Distress inks. I added the leaves to help set off the flower from the background. The sentiment is stamped using the Misti to get it perfectly aligned.

For the inside of the card, I used another image from the set inking the stamp with the yellow and orange inks and spritzing it fairly liberally with water, then stamping it onto watercolor paper. After it was dry, I stamped the inside greeting in Memento black.



This is a very bright and fun card IRL. Fun to make too!

Have a great Friday afternoon and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Altenew Build A Flower-Aster set
Paper: SU Whisper white card stock, Strathmore watercolor paper
Ink: SU Archival black, Memento tuxedo black and Tim Holtz Distress 
Other: Die-namics Bold Stripe Cover Up, Altenew Aster dies, ink blending tool, Mini Misti, water mister, sm. paint brush, the Big Shot, foam tape

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty flower! I love how you used it on the inside too! Great background also! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way my card inspired you Colleen! Thank you so much for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful . I love how the sentiment is on the background and the the cover blending is gorgoeous and the inside is real attention to detail. Thanks for sharing with us at Time Out challenges , Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!