About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Thinking Of You.

Hello stampers,

I hope your week has started off well. It's a pretty busy one for me, but come Thursday evening, I'm done until the Wednesday after Memorial Day!

Sunday evening I made this card using the new Paper Players Challenge. Nance is the hostess this week with a fun theme. Clean and Simple Butterflies. I combined a couple of different sets to create my card.





My card is a one layer card, although I did die cut the butterflies and pop them up with foam tape. The branch with flowers are from a set in the upcoming SU 2017-2018 catalog called Colorful Seasons. I stamped the flowers, masked them off, then stamped the branch. The butterflies are stamped with Distress Oxide inks onto watercolor paper and cut with the corresponding dies. (Butterflies and dies from Reverse Confetti). While it's difficult to see in the photo, I used a Wink of Stella glitter pen over the butterflies to give them some sparkle. A few sequins was added for embellishments.

Here is the inside:





Branch, flowers and sentiment from SU and tiny butterfly from Reverse Confetti.

Loved Nance's challenge this week! Lots of pretty cards in the gallery too.

Have a good rest of the week and thanks for looking in today,
Colleen


Supplies
Stamps: Colorful Seasons set by Stampin' Up and Butterfly Dreams by Reverse Confetti
Paper: SSS Heavy White card stock
Ink: SU Soft Suede, Calypso Coral, Fresh Fig, Old Olive, Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks
Other: Reverse Confetti Butterfly Dreams dies, clear and white sequins, the Big Shot, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, Colleen, this is stunning! A striking example of CAS design but so many pretty little elements. Love the watercolored butterflies and the gorgeous branch. Love that you finished the inside too. So glad you joined in the butterfly fun at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Colleen! Love the inside too!! Thanks for playing with us at the Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!