About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

With Hugs

A Very Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful moms out in "blog-land". I hope that you're enjoying your special day today.

Hi all,

I called my mom earlier this morning, and she was on her way with a bunch of friends to play bingo for the day. Bingo is one of her favorite past times and she has tons of friends that she plays with. Since it was a little noisy on the bus, I'll call her tonight after she's home.

Today I have a card that I made for this week's Freshly Made Sketch challenge. I had a fun time with this one as it's ALL stamping, (earlier in the week, I posted a card that had no stamping) and other than the popped up butterflies, it's a one layer card.




I began by lightly outlining my stamping area in pencil. Using the Lawn Fawn Fab Flowers set, the flowers were stamped randomly around the area. I masked them, then stamped the 4 vines. After removing the masks, I stamped the greeting in Memento tuxedo black. The butterflies were stamped on some scrap card stock then cut out with the corresponding dies. I folded them in the center and ran a line of glue and placed them on the card. Finally I added some pink SU candy dots along the vines. All stamping was done using the Misti.

The inside is simply stamped with the rest of the Fab Flowers set greeting and Happy Birthday from another Lawn Fawn set.



Enjoy the rest of your day and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Fab Flowers set by Lawn Fawn
Paper: X-Press It Blending card stock
Ink: SU Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait, Perfect Plum, Concord Crush, Cucumber Crush, Certainly Celery, Strawberry Slush, Memento Tuxedo Black
Other: Lawn Fawn Fab Flower lawn cuts, SU candy dots, the Big Shot, Misti Stamping Tool

3 comments:

  1. Such a fun, whimsical Card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cheerful and pretty birthday card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty this is! I love how you created this lovely floral scene. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!