About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Monday, May 1, 2017

OH YEA!

Hello again,

My quick second post for the second card using this week's Color Throwdown colors.

Since I was having fun with watercolor paper, I made one more background panel. This time I rubbed the ink pad directly over the paper. The color is Fossilized Amber Oxide Distress Ink. I spritzed it with a fair amount of water then used a large paint brush to spread the ink over the entire paper. I dabbed the brush onto the purple ink pad and mixed it in lightly. After it dried, the surface has that muted look that the oxide inks do. When I was making the panel, I had no plans for it, but after it was dry, it reminded me of a sunset sky. I just received the city scape dies from Altenew. A perfect match for my panel!

The sentiment bubble and stamp are Reverse Confetti.






Time to go to work. Thanks again all,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Reverse Confetti Figure Of Speech set
Paper: Strathmore watercolor paper, SU Blackberry Bliss and Old Olive card stock
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks
Other: Altenew Layered Cityscape Cover dies A and B, the Big Shot, Reverse Confetti Figure of Speech dies, SU small rhinestones, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Fun background and dies/stamp! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your unique take on the throwdown colors! Great cityscape scene! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!