About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Have a Wild, Wild Birthday

Hi all,

Sadly, it's Sunday evening already! I say sadly because I could really use one more day off, LOL. This weekend just zoomed by to me. Probably because I was gone all five days last week, then Saturday was the opening day for Little League baseball here, which meant that I spent the day watching my little friends ( 8 and 11 years old) play in their games. So not much "me" time on Saturday.

Today, I did have a whole day of "me" time and I spent it doing two of my favorite activities. Stamping and watching ATP tennis from Indian Wells.

Here is the first of the cards that I made. This one uses the current Freshly Made Sketch. I thought of several ideas for this sketch, and in the end, I decided to go with these fun Lawn Fawn stamps.



This is a pretty simple card. I stamped the animals from the Wild For You set using Memento black ink and colored them with Copics, then cut them out using the corresponding set dies. Using some SU DSP, I cut the horizontal element and the circles using SU and Die-namics dies. Everything is arranged onto a card base of SU Pool Party card stock following Amy's sketch. The greeting is stamped in Memento black too.

Here is the inside. I didn't realize that the picture turned out so badly, but I decided to use it anyway. I love this little lizard!




I hope everyone had a nice, relaxing weekend and I wish you a pleasant week ahead. I think I will be gone only one night this coming week, so I'm happy about that after all the traveling I've been doing.

Thanks for stopping in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Wild For You set by Lawn Fawn
Paper: SU Pool Party and X-Press It Blending card stock, SU Animal Expedition DSP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copics
Other: Wild For You Lawn Cut dies, SU Stitched Rectangle die, Die-namics Pinked Circle dies, enamel shapes, SU wooden butterfly, Misti, Gemini Jr. SU mini glue dots, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Such a "wild" trio on the front - and I love that there's another one on the inside!! Such fun patterns behind them. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Colleen! Your jungle critters are just adorable! What a wonderfully wild card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!