About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

FA LA LA LA LA

 Hi and Happy Wednesday,

I'm super excited, and delighted, to be posting as this week's Guest Star Stamper for the Color Throwdown Challenge. My Halloween card, here, was the randomly selected card winner for challenge #615 two week's ago. Each week's "winner" is invited to be a Guest Star Stamper on an upcoming challenge, and this week it's me!

The colors for Challenge #617 are kraft, red, green and chartreuse. Clearly, these are great colors for Holiday Cards, and since I still need to make quite a few, that's where I went. Using two of this year's C&9th Christmas release stamp sets, combined with the Gina K Designs Wreath Builder system, I made this card.





To make the gift boxes wreath, I stamped the small present stamp from the C&9th Festive Friends stamp set using the Wreath  Builder system going around the entire circle. I made a couple of masks, placed them over two presents, repositioned the stamp and stamped the present stamp again, moving the masks with each rotation. This resulted in a double layer gift boxes wreath. I colored them using green (G07, G09) and chartreuse (YG00, YG01) Copic markers shading one side, the same side on each box, a little darker. On this darker side, I used my Nuvo clear glitter pen to brush on some sparkle, although in the picture it's hard to see. The present bows are colored with the R46 Copic marker. The red glimmer paper larger bow is cut with a C&9th die and the small kraft tag die is from a Taylored Expressions die.

I cut slightly larger red and green squares from SU Real Red and Call Me Clover card stock and angled them behind the white stamped panel. The card base is Neenah Desert Storm card stock stamped with the C&9th Candy Cane Background stamp using Gina K Kraft ink. The card base measures 5.25 inches square.

For the inside of my card, and I always finish the insides of all my cards prior to photographing them for my blog posts, I used a couple of the greetings from the Festive Friends stamp set.




I'd like to than the ladies on the Color Throwdown DT for inviting me as this week's Guest Star Stamper. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's cards this week.

Thanks for looking, and have a great day!
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Festive Friends set and Candy Cane Background stamp both from Concord & 9th
Paper: Neenah Desert Storm and Solar White, SU Real Red and Call Me Clover card stocks, SU Red Glimmer paper
Ink: Gina K Black Onyx, Kraft and Cherry Red ink, Copic Markers
Other: Gina K Wreath Builder System, Misti, C&9th Mistletoe Messages bow die, TE Tag die, Nuvo clear glitter pen, Gemini Jr, foam tape






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!