About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, November 1, 2020

Happy Holidays and JOY

 Happy Sunday peeps,

I've been spending some quality time in my Craft Room making Holiday cards. I have a long way to go still, but I'm making progress. I have two to share today. One uses the current Freshly Made Sketch, and the second uses the current CAS(E) this Sketch! 

On the first card, I used some retired SU DSP and a SU embossing folder. The images are from a Lawn Fawn winter drink holiday set. I think my favorite part is the heart shaped "marshmallows." I followed Jen's sketch pretty closely, as I like this sketch and I'm planning on using it a few more times to get more Holiday cards made. It's also a great way to use up patterned paper, which I certainly need to do.



The inside of this one is super simple with just a greeting from the same Lawn Fawn set.



This second card is made following another one of Jennifer McGuire's techniques. This is super fun to do and I made several "letter press" images using the die cut. You can see Jennifer's video in this blog post.

The tree die is from a C&9th 2020 Holiday set. I used Distress Oxide ink to sponge over the vellum top layer of the die cuts. My photo doesn't show the dimension that I got using this technique, but IRL it's really pretty cool. The Peace, Love, Joy stamps are from Paper Smooches as is the JOY die cuts. I cut the large JOY dies in Real Red card stock and again using SU gold glimmer paper. The gold gems are from Pretty Pink Posh, and the snow falling background is done with a MFT stencil and a blending brush.




Here is the inside of this card using sentiments from another Paper Smooches Holiday stamp set.


Today's stamping will be all about birthday cards. Beginning in November and going through December, I have many family and friends with birthdays. 

Have a great day, and thanks for stopping in,

Colleen


Supplies Card 1:

Stamps: Thanks A Latte set - Lawn Fawn

Paper: SU Blushing Bride and Whisper White card stock, SU Quilted Christmas DSP

Ink: Gina K Black Onyx, Copics, SU Real Red, Blushing Bride

Other: Lawn Fawn dies, SU Quilted Embossing Folder, Misti, Gemini Jr, SSS heart embellishments, Dimensionals


Supplies Card 2:

Stamps: Christmas Sampler and Spreding Joy sets - Paper Smooches

Paper: Tim Holtz water color, SSS thick white, SU Jade, Real Red, gold glimmer card stocks

Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide, Gina K Black Onyx and Sea Glass, SU Real Red, Copics

Other: Concord & 9th All The Merrys dies, Paper Smooches Joy die, Gina K Master Layout 1 die set, Gemini Jr, Misti, Pretty Pink Posh gold gems, MFT Snow Falling stencil, blending brushes, Connect glue



2 comments:

  1. What a fun set of Christmas cards! Love the fun mix of paper and the sweet little cups! That sentiment is so sweet as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mix of quilt patterns and textures - so perfect with the warm mugs. And such a fun inside sentiment. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!