About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Let's Chat

It's been too long since I've played in the Follow The Recipe challenge over at Linda's Catered Crop blog, so last night I decided to join in the fun and make a card for FTR15.

I chose to use Jen's July SFYTT layout, just posted yesterday. The sponsor this month is My Favorite Things, and I've used one of my favorite PI stamps.

There's tons of texture on this card. Too much?? Remember Linda's post a few days ago with quotes from some of her favorite romcoms? When I start adding. . . and adding. . .  and adding, elements to my cards, in the back of my mind I always hear "More isn't always better Linus, sometimes it's just more." I find this quote very appropos sometimes. It's from one of my all time fav romcoms, with one of my all time favorite romantic comedy leading men. So, can you guess which movie? Can you guess which actor?

Anyhoo, here's "Let's Chat":
And the inside:


My ingredients used per FTR15 are:
colors: yellow, green, red
patterns: polka dots
embellishments: buttons and baker's twine
tools: dimensionals (I DO love dimensionals)
theme: friendship

I think the polka dot ingredient must have stuck with me, as that seems to have become the main theme for the card. Lot's of them with the patterned paper and the embossing folder. I do love the way it turned out too. {guess it's okay to say that about one's own card}


Supplies
Stamps: Pure Innocence "Lady Bug" and "Say What" sets by My Favorite Things
Card stock: SU crumb cake, not quite navy, summer sun and TE choice buttercream
Patterned paper: Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU not quite navy and Copics
Other: Seeing Spots EF, Die-namics dies, Fiskars corner rounder punch, SU buttons, SU die, paper flowers, crystal Stickles, candy dot, yellow rhinestones, cork sheet, sewing machine, baker's twine, the Big Shot, mini glue dots and lots of dimensionals

Have a fabulous Sunday and thanks,
Colleen

PS: The movie is Sabrina, the remake with Harrison Ford. Although, the original was great as well.

1 comment:

  1. Ah. . . Pure Innocence - I love her. So many sweet touches. It's an adorable, darling card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Catered Crop.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!