About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Fruity Friends Note Cards

Hello all,

I sure hope your weekend has been a good one. I got in some stamping time both today and yesterday, as well as watching Wimbledon Tennis and Padres baseball. These three things equate to the best of times to me! I was a good girl and got in some exercise time both days as well. I Love those hour long beach walks.

I bought several colors of Washi tape a few years ago at a local store that had them on sale. I brought them home a promptly stashed them away. Digging through a drawer for something else yesterday, I ran across the rolls and decided to pull them out and see what I could come up with. I ended up making a set of note cards (blank on the insides) using Taylored Expressions Fruity Friends stamp set. I made eight cards total. Here they are:






The Washi tape was put onto some scrap white paper and then cut out with some SU Framelit dies as the background for the Fruity Friends. I also used the same technique for the tops, except using the TE medium scalloped border die. The fruit were all colored with Copics. I also used the TE Chicken Wire Impressions Plate for the background on the front of each card. It just seemed like it went well with the fruit theme.

I made matching envelopes for each note card. Not sure if I'll keep these to use or give them away as a gift. {{hmmm}}

Supplies
Stamps: Fruity Friends set by Taylored Expressions
Paper: Taylored Expressions card stock
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics, SU Real Red, Lucky Limeade, Peach Parfait and Basic black.
Other: various colors of SU baker's twine, SU Hearts and Labels Framelits dies, SU corner rounder punch, TE medium scalloped border die, TE Chicken Wire Impressions Plate, the Big Shot, and dimensinals

I have a couple other cards that I used the Washi tape on that I'll post later in the week. In the mean time, have a great Sunday evening and coming week. Thanks so much for looking in,

Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!