About Me

My photo
I love crafting, especially rubber stamping. Most weekends I can be found surrounded by paper, rubber stamps and ink.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

You Are One Of A Kind

Good morning,

It's Sunday and time for a new Paper Players challenge. Have you been enjoying the "butterfly revolution" around blog-land lately? I have and so I'm excited that our hostess, Sandy, has a butterfly theme for us this week.


I received the Paper Source Mother's Day circular in the mail earlier in the week and on page 9 there is a black and white card with a green circle element. It really caught my eye so I've CASE'd it for my card this week. (See the picture below my card.) If you saw my post yesterday, I used a Stampin' Around wheel stamp to make the background on yesterday's card. I decided to use another wheel to make the background on today's card. Such fun!





To make the background, I wheeled the stamp diagonally using Memento tuxedo black. One of the small butterflies from the set is stamped in the open boxes using various Hero Shadow inks and my mini-Misti stamping tool. I wanted to stamp the image a few times to get a darker shade and the Misti is the perfect tool for this. Once the ink was dry, I used a white gel pen to add some dots to the small butterflies.

The larger butterfly is stamped in SU Daffodil Delight and cut out with the corresponding RC die, then adhered with Dimensionals. I rounded two opposite corners and mounted on a card base of Daffodil Delight card stock. A few black pearls for embellishments, keeping with the dots theme in the wheel stamp and on the small butterflies, and this simple card is done.

You'll see some beautiful butterfly cards when you visit the rest of the DT's blogs:

The Paper Players Design Team
Colleen Begley-Me

I'm looking forward to seeing your beautiful butterfly creations as well.

Have a great Sunday and thanks for looking in,
Colleen

Supplies
Stamps: Butterfly Dreams set by Reverse Confetti and Stampin' Around Wheel "Pindot" by Stampin' Up
Paper: SU Whisper White and Daffodil Delight card stock
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU Daffodil Delight, Hero Shadow Inks Raspberry Jam, Orange Soda, Butter Bar, Bubble Gum
Other: RC Butterfly Dreams Dies, Fiskers corner punch, black pearls, the Big Shot, dimensionals

10 comments:

  1. I love how you created your on background! It is fabulous! Wonderful butterfly card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting layout Colleen - I love the black and white background you created with the coloured butterflies adding juicy pops of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an awesome background! I love the bright colors you chose for the butterflies,too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Colleen! I am very impressed with how you stamped this background with a wheel. I could never quite get the hang of those things! Love the color combo, too. So glad you liked my challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the pops of color combined with B&W!
    Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You already know that I love this card...it is SO fun to see that wheel being used! I think I might need to get out one or two of mine!!!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness--you WHEELED the background?! Gorgeous! Love the pops of color and the b&w line art is perfect! Great card, Colleen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Colleen, your really WHEELED this one! I love every detail of this fabulous card! The black and white makes all your pretty butterflies pop! XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Colleen, I love the sentiment in the butterfly... and I love the wheeled background, too. The pearl effects on the butterflies is the perfect finishing touch. Gorgeous
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my projects are appreciated. I love hearing from you!